Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Dreary Day....so why not blog! =)

Today is overcast with it raining off & on... so don't really feel like doing much work outside tonight.  Had to go take some photos of the raspberry canes that died that I got this spring to send to the company to figure out what might have happened.  While I was out with the camera figured I would take some shots around the house since there was no blaring sun to contend with.  Start the blog off with the funny goats...  as I have mentioned before that we have border patrol goats... this is a great photo to show you their pathway they created... its only along this side of the fence - the other 3 sides have tall grass...  its just the side closest to the house/barn...  like they are trying to figure out their next escape!


I now have THREE batches of wine going...  still have my 5 gallons of blackberry from Jan aging in the basement which I hope to bottle in a month or so.  Then I have the 5 gallon batch from my 1st try of a wine kit...  its a Raspberry White Zin...  its a lower alcohol summery wine - only takes a month from start to bottling... So that will be ready to bottle July 5th.  Then just yesterday I started a new 1-2 gallon batch of Mulberry.  I only had about a 1/2 gallon of actual Mulberry juice from my neighbors trees... so rest was Welches white grape juice concentrate... should be interesting to see how it turns out!  Won't be able to bottle that one till maybe Dec or even next year...  Wine making is not for the impatient!  Oh wait why am I doing it then?!!  Here are some photos of the fruit production here at the farm as of today....

Strawberry patch that needs picked!

Can't WAIT till the blueberry bushes ripen!!

All the little baby grapes... my next future wine batch!!  =)


The garden veggies are doing well - having some issues with bugs... but that isn't anything new... pesky buggers!  Just can't wait to start eating everything!!
My Maters...  the front left corner is called 'Mortgage Lifter'. 
My mom gave me one of her starts and its going CRAZY!  Almost to
top of the cage already!

all 4 of my margherita plants have a few maters this size.
Fruits get 5-6" long... but its a start!  You can tell I'm a
true gardener by the dirt underneath of my thumbnail!  ;)


HOT (Serrano) peppers starting to really go crazy.

One of Mo's sunflower areas... its gonna look
SOOO cute when they are in bloom.  Mo seems
to be starting to really get into the gardening too!

Soy beans.... I can't wait for Edamame for dinner!!! 

Potatoes are flowering....

Corn mounds in the 3 Sister part of garden.  Pole beans & Squash
planted yesterday (6/14).  Look forward to seeing how long till they
all pop thru the ground.

Garden Peas....  can't wait to shell them and have with a big old
pile of mashed potatoes (potatoes from the garden too of course!)

Landscaping is really growing!  Oh did I mention before that we REALLY like daisies...???
Canas popping up...

 
The lambs ear went crazy blooming this year!!
Now I'm ready to go outside....  cook some dinner on the grill and sit back on the patio and watch the border patrol goats....





If anyone is in the area and wants to stop over.... I'll have the bonfire ready to go!!  We love to get company (and a reason to have a fire!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment