Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Wine... Wine.... We Got Wine!!

The day has come... my 1st attempt of bottling a 5 gallon batch of wine!  My buddy Kat is on vacation this week and called around 5 to see what I was up to - I'm like want to help bottle wine?  She was up for it and we had a blast...  she said to call her up for the next batch since she enjoyed doing it.  This batch is the Raspberry White Zinfandel (wine kit).  Its a sweet lower alcohol (approx 8%) wine - a great summer wine to have chilled while sitting out on the patio.  Kat and I tested it out after we were done - we put what was left into 2 wine glasses and put in freezer to chill while we finished up.  Afterwards hung out discussing life over a nice glass of wine.  Life is good..... Here are some photos....

Cleaning time... used bottle brush with soap & water...  rinsed well...
let dry then washed out again with no-rinse sanitizer solution.

Kat filled all the bottles for me!

Yay my 1st corked bottle!

Cork it Yehl.... Cork it!

so proud!

I talked Kat into corking a bottle - she was proud too!

All the bottled wine...  had to do some screw top as
I didn't have enough cork-able bottles.

The bottles after shrink wrapping them... 
6 screw tops I didn't bother to shrink wrap as
I doubt they will last long around here! 
Want to give a shout out to my friends (my wino friends know who they are!) and dad who have been saving their empty wine bottles for me to reuse!  You will be paid back with filled ones!!

Only thing left to do is label them - I ordered the labels and they should be here tomorrow... I think I have enough to print 400 labels...  so that means I need to make a lot more wine!!!!   =)

2 comments:

  1. Too fun Peg. It's a great feeling when a big project reaches it's conclusion - especially when the big project is edible!

    Enjoy the wine - I hope I get down to see you later this year and there is still some left.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dave - who knows I might show up at your place with a bottle or 2... =)

    ReplyDelete