Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

So Happy Spring is Here!!

So last Saturday I was outside trimming trees, digging trenches, cleaning the workshop up.  I thought its so nice out the goats should go out to the pasture. Mo was inside so I thought I'd just put them all on leashes and hook them to the eye bolts in barn and pasture fence posts as I move them all out there.  Took Arby out to pasture... no issues...  take Piggy out there... go to get Hammy and Mo come out of the house saying something about he is gonna hurt himself.  I look out at pasture and here Piggy tried escape again UNDER the fence - mind you there is a lower elec fence line.... that he then BROKE!  so here he is on the outside of the fence on his little knees cause there wasn't much left of the leash line.  Stupid goats!  Needless to say they are all in the barn again.  The ground was a bit too soft yet anyhow - they tore it all up just with standing out there (and crawling).  So I will have to run a new elec line along the base and Mo is working on taking dirt I was digging up and moving it out there to have less gap under the fence line in certain areas.

So the dirt I was digging up is from my mini pond I'm making that my garden will drain into.  the drain line from the house runs under it so it should help in moving the water.  I might have the guy who put the drain line in come out and pop a line straight up and cap it.  I can then fill some of it up with spare rocks etc that we always find around here.  You can see the trench around the garden I dug out...I have learned that I can not dig a straight line to save my life....lol.  I also put out the blue tarp to help warm up the soil early since that is the area some of my cold weather plants will be going in the coming weeks.  Once I get the garden tilled and ready to plant then I'll dig trenches between the rows making all the rows more like raised beds.




Apple Trees & Raspberry Canes

 I got my shipment from Stark Bros Nursery.  I ordered 2 new apple trees (Fugi & Lodi), Red Raspberry (Joan J Primocane), 2 Blueberry bushes (Northcountry & Earliblue) and an order of 25 Eversweet everbearing strawberries.  Along with their strawberry food, blueberry fert & 2yr time release pills (for apple tree planting).  I got the raspberries planted and holes dug for blueberry & apples.  Waiting for AEP to remove the tree in our yard before I plant the apples so they dont get damaged by falling branches.

Rest of these are just photos taken around the house to show how things looks at the beginning of the season...  enjoy!
Weeping Pussy Willow

Driveway Entrance Beds, Daffodils coming up.

One of old apple trees I'm trying to prune.  Tree to left of it is being removed.

West side of house

Pathway bed.... so bare since I chopped the grasses down.

1st bloom!  Scallia

Frankie's Bed - all the green is daises.

Other pussy willow by large barn & firepit.  Should get 15-20' eventually.

Blackberry & Raspberry bed

Roses - buckets removed but keeping straw on for a while yet.

What I have to make look like a driveway & grass again this year.
From the new drain line install last fall.

Columbine

Garlic!

Chives

Bleeding Heart

Was a bit windy...

Front East view

Strawberry bed

Blueberry bush

Butterfly Bush coming back to life.
More on the basement project later. I still have water coming in so I have yet to be able to install my waterproofing products. I keep praying that when it says rain in forecast that it will just be a tiny tiny bit so it doesn't raise the water table level anymore! Today is one of those days... rain schedule for today & tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment