Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 27, 2011

What is going on down in the basement?

Waterproofing....  So the bottom of the stairs is done - had to tweak it due to the door - just placed large bead of the caulking under the door frame to keep the water in the channel.  Kind of had to do the same thing in front of the step up to the dark section of the basement... the baseboard units were too tall.  Just need to the keep the water in the channel over to the "gutter" in the floor which takes the water to the floor drain.


Big black hose is from sump pump - but in a week or so my neighbor is installing
real pvc pipe from pump to the outside.  Can't wait for that big hose to be gone!


Still waiting for my problem corner to dry up so I can finish installing
the Squidgee product in this room.  Then the water will be captured behind the
baseboard and taken to the sump pit.
 

New cement I added over the weekend.
Finally got it all to the level of the water pump stand.

Cemented in the "gutters" along the edge in this part of the basement so I can install
the waterproofing products to push water to floor drain - before the water
would flow to opposite side of the room and flood it.

Trying to get my plants all started for the garden.  In the flat along the back wall are tomatoes and peppers on a heated mat.  to the right are all the cauliflower, cabbage, basil & oregano.


Baby basil & cabbage....
Still to eat....  canned pasta sauce, salsa, whole tomatoes and beans from last year.


My new project is building stuff with PVC pipe...  I'm going to make cold frame/hoop row covers and boxes to put over my strawberry patch to attach bird netting.  Once I get more comfortable with building with it - I'm going to try to build an actual greenhouse!
Ready to build!!!
Next post will hopefully be with finished waterproofing in basement & something built with pvc pipe.  If only the weather would warm up a bit.....

No comments:

Post a Comment