Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 2, 2011

2010 Year in Review.... 1st Quarter.

Going over all the projects and changes that the farm went thru last year... there was A LOT!! We sure had our hands full around here between home improvement and animals!

In January I built some custom shelving for the closet under the stairwell to store my CD/DVD collection.  I'm proud of the good use of awkward space!


In February my parents came for a visit and Dad & I worked on rewiring part of the basement.  We added more lights in the basement and put them on their own breaker.  And rewired an existing breaker that controls about 1/2 of the outlets in the house.  Was old 2 wire cloth wrapped wiring  - now proper 3 wire romax so outlets are now grounded. Also I painted all the basement walls to give it a nice clean bright look.  Worked hard on the 'pantry' area since the cats were going to be using that for their litter boxes... 
My awesome dad putting in the new circuit.

during the painting of the garden area of the basement

starting out with pantry

pantry nice and clean!



To start in March Mo and her 6 adorable indoor cats moved in with me...  adjustment period was very short - luckily I used to take the dogs with me when I went to visit Mo so they already knew the cats.  The cats I think have learned to really like the house - lots of sunny window sills to sit on!  =)
During the move in....
All unpacked & put away!!


After Mo moved in we decided to buy a new TV for the bedroom....  I was scared installing the wall bracket - we were both nervous about letting go after we attached it to the bracket... but its not fallen yet so I think we are good...lol.

we just turned it on... please dont think we normally watch Miley Cyrus (sp?)

Later in March we had our 1st official 'party' to celebrate Sam (the most awesome-ist cat) turning 16 and Mo's friend Kristen's BDay.  Just a small party but was very enjoyable....

sign that Mo drew...

"Party Time!"

Day after the party my old neighbor Heath and his dad Jack took down the old maple tree that cause havoc for my garden with too much shade and all the darn maple seeds...  it was so wet out tho that the tree literally sunk into the garden and we had to wait a long time to be able to get into the garden to start sawing it up.  Heath took most of the big chunks of wood for his wood furnace and we kept all the limbs / smaller stuff for bonfires.

saw...saw.....saw.............

Tiiiiiimber!

DOWN! - the bottom large limb in photo above was buried in the mud...


I think that concluded the 1st quarter of 2010 on the farm....

No comments:

Post a Comment