Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 9, 2011

2010 Year in Review.... November

We started off with getting chickens for our birthdays..lol.   They were supposed to be 3 hens.  The guy said if any crow to just bring back and he'll replace it...   I got the nesting box built that day and we went that evening to get the chickens...  they were funny to watch and we got attached but the next morning we had a crower!



So Mo caught the crower and I took him back to get another... well ended up that all 3 (even the new one) was a rooster!  Go figure!  So I caught them all - which was no easy task!  Took them back to the guy and just said thanks but no thanks...  We are waiting for spring 2011 chicks from a hatchery where we can buy female chicks.  Plus will be fun to get day old chicks when they are all fuzzy and cute.  If we start holding them as chicks I heard the chickens will be able to be pet and picked up without much problem as they get older.

 Nov 2nd we had a frost and I just love in the mornings when the sunshine has melted away almost all the frost except where a tree has shaded the grass.

Trying to winterize the back porch (aka laundry room) a little more I purchased a new exhaust vent and inside heat exchanger.  The old vent was metal and if it was windy you could here it banging open & shut in the house...  the new one works with a cover lifting up from the force of hot air - then when dryer shuts off the lid lowers and closes the vent completely.  Its made a huge difference as well as no noise!  The heat exchanger I tweaked a little with not having it completely open or way too much moist air goes into the room.  I put a small blue ball of the sticky stuff you use to put up posters...  and used that to make just a small opening to let some warm air into the back room but not enough to make the room so moist that it gets moldy.  The screen comes off to clean - but the screen included doesn't trap fine lint... so my solution was place a used fabric sheet behind the screen.  Works great!
Old vent - measuring to make sure new one would fit.
heat exchanger - note: can only be used with elec dryers.

New exhaust vent.


We grow sugar pumpkins in the garden and I picked some and pureed it for make my 1st ever pumpkin pie with fresh pumpkin!  turned out great too!  I did this one early November just to make sure the recipe would be tasty enough for Thanksgiving.

My parents came up for Thanksgiving and they brought yet another truck load of wood!  YAY!  We had a very nice dinner... turkey for me & my parents, tofurky for Mo.  =)

We got our little Charlie Brown Christmas tree all decorated for the holidays.  This was the 1st Christmas we spent living together.
Then on the 30th the products I ordered for my technology bonus for work were delivered!  And nothing was safe from me and the camera from that day forward!!  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment